PhD (UCL), MRes (UCL), BSc (KCL)
I am a cell biologist with a research background in vascular physiology and circulating biomarkers. At Foo lab, I work on profiling the epigenome and transcriptome in patients with peripheral vascular disease and aortopathies to identify disease-related variants that are associated with pathogenesis and disease progression. I believe in the importance of having a growth mindset, especially in research, and embrace the challenge of working in a multidisciplinary team with scientists and clinicians from different backgrounds. Apart from work, I enjoy spending time with family, jamming on the guitar, playing basketball and tennis, and filmmaking.
PhD and MRes (University College London), BSc (Kings College London)
- Kelly, C., Gurung, R., Kamngona, R., Sheha I., Chammudzi, M., Jambo, K., Mallewa, J., Papala, A., Heyderman, RS., Mallon PWG., Mwandumba, H., Walker, AS., Khoo, S., Klein, N. (2020). Smooth muscle and endothelial microparticles are expanded in people living with HIV in Malawi and are associated with increased arterial stiffness. (Currently under internal review).
- Gurung, R., Vizza, D., Moledina S., Norel X., Klein N., Clapp LH. (2019). Microvesicles as pathogenic, diagnostic, therapeutic and prognostic markers in pulmonary arterial hypertension. (Currently under internal review).
- Koganti, S., Eleftheriou, D., Gurung R., Hong Y., Brogan P., Rakhit RD. (2019). Persistent circulating platelet and endothelial derived microparticle signature may explain on-going pro-thrombogenicity after acute coronary syndrome. (Currently under internal review).
- Gurung R., DeJong M, Eddama M, Abdel-Aziz, TE. (2019). Plasma biomarkers helpful in determining the need for thyroidectomy in patients with thyroid cancer. (Currently under internal review).
- Clapp, L.H., and Gurung, R. (2015). The mechanistic basis of prostaglandin and its stable analogues in pulmonary arterial hypertension: Role of membrane versus nuclear receptors. Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediators. 120:16-71.
- Gurung, R. (2015). Circulating Microparticles in Pulmonary Hypertension. Pulmonary Hypertension Physicians Research Forum 2015, London, UK. (Oral Presentation).
- Gurung, R. (2014). Smooth muscle microparticles as novel biomarkers of vascular remodelling and inflammation in pulmonary arterial hypertension. ERJ. 44 Suppl 58 P2366.
- Gurung, R. (2014). Smooth muscle microparticles as novel biomarkers of vascular remodelling and inflammation in pulmonary arterial hypertension. Division of Medicine Research Day, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK. (Oral Presentation).